Virtual Eucharist Adoration

Virtual Eucharist Adoration
We adore You O Christ and we bless You, because by Your holy cross You have redeeemed the world!

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

School Thoughts

I have been working and organizing and attempting to get everything together for school. We have decided to begin homeschooling when the 3 older kids start at the local high school. That will be August 22nd. It will be a Wednesday which bothers my organizational midget mind but at least we will all begin and then end together.

I had hoped to follow modg syllabi but just can't seem to conform. I have too many other books that are near what they suggest and so am too tight to purchase the exact books. Some I have and will follow but the rest will be "on a wing and a prayer". I prefer this looser method, I just have to be vigilant that I don't fall into a "lazy unschooler", not to be confused with a real unschooler who could never be accused of being lazy!

In case you are interested:

8th grade dd will be using the following:
Saxon Alg. 1/2
Our Pioneers and Patriots -- from Civil War until the end and then will start Christ the King and Lord of History. I have many books from the Civil War Era up until the present time that she will be reading also.

Easy Grammar Plus

Wordly Wise

Latina Christiana
- we will all be using this level this year. I know it is recommended for the younger children but she has had no exposure to Latin and so this should be fine for her.

Science - still unsure but will be reading a book about lives of famous scientist.

The Ultimate Geography and Timeline Guide Spelling Power

Religion
: Baltimore Catechism, Catechism on tape by Fr. Corapi, National Catholic Register, the Catholic Bible.

Current Events: National Catholic Register

Lives of the Saints --
focusing on Modern Saints.


This is the plan so far, along with Greenleafs book about Rome and some different poetry and dictation and copywork.

No comments:

Today's Mass Readings