Virtual Eucharist Adoration

Virtual Eucharist Adoration
We adore You O Christ and we bless You, because by Your holy cross You have redeeemed the world!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Crisp Cinnamon Cookies

Awhile back I thought someone in my house loved "corn flakes" for breakfast, and evidentally I went on a corn flake buying bonanza! It has taken us a lllloooooonnnnngggg time to get to the end of the boxes. On the side of the box of generic Meijer Corn Flakes was a recipe for crisp cinnamon cookies and so I gave them a try. They were very good! I am posting the recipe in case someone else has some end of the box cereal they want to use up. (and so I don't lose it, we really liked the cookies.)

Crisp Cinnamon Cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, softened
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon (OOOPS I put 2 TBS in - I think it is fabulous with the extra )
1tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups corn flakes, crushed to 1 1/4 cups.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat butter and shortening until smooth and creamy. Beat in sugar and eggs until fluffy. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt (if desired and I didn't). Beat well. Stir in cereal, mix well. Drop by TBS onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2" apart. Bake 9-11 minutes. Let stand 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool.

I used 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 1 1/4 cup regular
I only used 1 1/4 cup sugar (next time try with only 1 cup)
I used 2 TBS cinnamon

I have some other "healthy cereal" that my kids hate, I think I will try this with them. Waste not, Want Not!

No comments:

Today's Mass Readings