Virtual Eucharist Adoration

Virtual Eucharist Adoration
We adore You O Christ and we bless You, because by Your holy cross You have redeeemed the world!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tea Time - or how I clean my kitchen and do my laundry!


I love tea. I drink lots of tea. I boil water in a kettle for each and every cup. It takes about 7 minutes from pouring the water into the kettle until my tea has steeped to the correct flavor. I clean as fast as I can in those 7 minutes. I can fold a load of laundry,  unload the dishwasher, clean out a cupboard, sweep the floor, wash the kitchen windows, clean out the fridge, start dinner. Oh the things I can accomplish are many! These little bites of time are perfect, they help to keep my house in order and I don't mind working for my tea!

What about you? What can you do in seven minutes? 

This totally Works for Me!

7 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

Cleverness! That sounds oh so efficient. I need to take a page from your book and start making better use of waiting times.

:)

Christy said...

Niki -I am always surprised how much can be done in the small chunks! thanks for stopping by.

'Becca said...

Great tip! I do this too, when making tea or coffee or doing some hands-off step of cooking like waiting for water to boil so I can put in the pasta.

I work outside the home and like to have a hot lunch, so usually I bring leftovers and microwave them for about 2 minutes. I've learned that that is exactly enough time for me to go to the restroom! It saves time over going first and then standing around in front of the microwave possibly absorbing some sort of deadly rays....

'Becca said...

Oh, I wanted to add that a few years ago I saw a tip for Advent: Pray whenever you find yourself waiting for something. I always do this during Advent now, as well as all year round when I'm waiting in a situation where there's nothing else to do. You can get a lot of prayers into a few minutes, and it prevents the wait from being frustrating.

Christy said...

Becca, great idea to pray when waiting - I don't think to do this often enough. Thanks for stopping by!

Paula said...

I think that is a wonderful idea! I usually check blogs while my coffee is brewing. lol. Maybe I should try cleaning instead. Definitely a more time-productive idea.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! I love to hear that people like my recipes enough to save them for future use.

Martianne said...

Thank you for the note on my post about the Mary cards... And, what a great way to use your waiting-for-tea time. :) reading it reminded me of visiting friends in England, who always offered 'a cuppa" . I have been staying away from all but herbal tea with our new blessing on the way, but will have to add your idea to the ways I always I try to do things in small snippets of time when I can once I can enjoy my cuppa again.

Today's Mass Readings