April was a hard, long month full of sadness and introspection. I mentioned the death of my great nephew - an infant not quite one. My husband's uncle/godfather passed away and so did my uncle. All three happened in a little over a week.
I am still struck by how sad I can be when I think of the loss of Baby Stephen and how his death affected all our lives. But I am also greatful for the time we had with him and would never ever trade that for anything. I feel the same about my own baby Luke.
Lent and then Easter were also a huge part of my April. Those 2 great seasons of the Church Year always bring their own sadness at my sin and personal responsibility in the suffering and death of Jesus. But then I remember that Easter follows Good Friday. Without the cross there can be no Easter. It is the same in my own life. Without the cross that I must pick up each day to follow my Lord and Saviour I will have no Easter, no Resurrection. In order to spend eternity with God I must embrace my cross.
I believe that into every life there will be little "May flowers" that will also happen. I am banking on them.
- The Pure Fashion Show is today - Tessa is a model. Her daddy will be walking with her in his tuxedo - be still my beating heart. And my sweet little girl Sylvia is making a guest appearance as a flower girl in the Bridal set. I cannot wait.
- Cassie will graduate in the top of her class. She is an amazing girl and I am very proud of her.
- Tessa, MollyK, Toria, Patrick and I all celebrate birthdays!
- Spring weather!
- Planting of my garden.
- Sophia will be 6 months - she gets more and more wonderful each day I adore my grandbaby!
- Mother's Day. Need I say more?
- Flowers, birds, new life everywhere.
- The Ft. Wayne Children's Zoo is open.
- My brother's wife is having a baby someday soon.
Thank You dear Lord Jesus for the flowers you put into my life!
I was inspired to make this list from the Inspired Room - she posted on 20 little happy things to celebrate in life (including a $100 gift certificate) I am also inspired by Tuesdays Unwrapped at Chatting at the Sky.