Virtual Eucharist Adoration

Virtual Eucharist Adoration
We adore You O Christ and we bless You, because by Your holy cross You have redeeemed the world!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Granola - Homemade Yummy-ness!

I was inspired by a recipe I found in Bob Greene's "Get with the Program! Guide to Good Eating" Let me tell you I Y Granola!

I tweeked it some, taking into account that I didn't want to buy anything - my plan was to use up some things I had on hand.

Here is the original with my tweeks highlighted.

Homemade Granola


3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup oat bran (I omitted)
1/2 cup whole raw almonds ( I used some raw mixed nuts I had instead)
1/2 cup apple juice concentrate (I used OJ concentrate)
1/2 cup honey (local and organic)
1 tsp cinnamon (I used more)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup raisins or currants (I used golden raisins)

Preheat oven to 350F Spread oats on a large nonstick baking pan and toast, stirring often for 30 minutes. Cool. Reduce the oven heat to 275F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, oat bran if you are using it, nuts, juice concentrate, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla. In a separate mixing bowl, whip the egg whites to soft peaks. Add the sugar and beat 1 minute more. Combine the oat mixture with the egg whites and spread evenly on a nonstick baking sheet. Toast for 30 minutes, stirring often, until evenly browned. When cool, add raisins. Store in an airtight container.

This is so good! I eat it straight, or my favorite way is with yogurt and fresh fruit. Scrumptious!!

easy peasy lemon squeezy!

No comments:

Today's Mass Readings