Virtual Eucharist Adoration

Virtual Eucharist Adoration
We adore You O Christ and we bless You, because by Your holy cross You have redeeemed the world!

Monday, January 28, 2008

"Porkchops and Applesauce"

Do you remember the Brady Bunch episode where they had pork chops and applesauce?? Me neither, but the saying stuck and my family won't eat their chops without their sauce. Crazy isn't it?
I have a delicious, gluten free, milk free, soy free, beef free recipe that my family loves. I don't know where I got the recipe - I wish I could give credit because this is so good.


Apple Saucy Pork Chops

2 cups applesauce
1/3 cup sugar
2TBS soy sauce ( I use fish sauce from the Thai section of the store to make this g/f and soy free)
1 garlic clove minced
1/4 tsp ground ginger
6 pork chops ( give or take)
2TBS EVOO (calls for butter but this is a great substitute)

In a bowl combine applesauce, sugar, fish sauce, garlic and ginger. Mix well.
Pour into greased 13x9x2 baking disth. In skillet brown chops in oil. Place over applesauce mixture. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until tender.

No comments:

Today's Mass Readings