Virtual Eucharist Adoration

Virtual Eucharist Adoration
We adore You O Christ and we bless You, because by Your holy cross You have redeeemed the world!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Weight loss - is Weigh Down ok for Catholics?

This is what Amy Wellborn has to say about the Weigh Down Diet started by Gwen Shamblin. I bought the book at the local Thrift store on Saturday and have not been able to put it down. Weight is something I struggle with - like most Americans I suppose. She has some good points - you can't let food be your god, and you can't "make food good". But I had some nagging thoughts in the back of my head and so I googled and came upon Amy's take. She too has valid points.
I also found a Catholic Site with a weight program all on one page. It also has one of those BMI calculators.
I was so hoping that I had found what I needed when I read the book by Gwen. I believe that God is leading me to answers to my prayers about weight loss. I just must be careful and take only what is "good, lovely and of good report".

This I do know, God doesn't want me to love food more than Him. He wants me to be healthy. I pray that I will find the answers. In the meantime I will eat only when I am hungry, stop before I am full and pray like the dickens when "head hunger" is pulling me to a sleeve of crackers or a bowl of raw cookie dough.

God Bless,
Christy

No comments:

Today's Mass Readings