Virtual Eucharist Adoration

Virtual Eucharist Adoration
We adore You O Christ and we bless You, because by Your holy cross You have redeeemed the world!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yummy Meatloaf

I made a yummy meatloaf tonight. What I love about meatloaf is everytime it is a little different or a lot different. I was nervous as my kids had company and not everyone likes meatloaf. They asked me to send the recipe to their mom - I take that as a HUGE compliment. This is what I used:

1lb ground turkey
1 Italian Sausage Link - casing removed
1 egg
garlic powder
onion powder
ketchup
chipoltle sauce (just a tad) (I have used BBQ sauce in the past)
bread 4 slices ripped up small
1/2 each shredded small zucchini and yellow squash
cheese - mozzarella (any cheese is good) shredded - about a cup.

mix, cook at 375 degrees in a small greased cake pan for 35 minutes. Check and see if done. (170 degrees internal is what I use as a guide) Drain the grease. Cut and serve.

Serve with ketchup to dunk into. Mashed potatoes would also be great with this.
I wish I had taken a picture - it wasn't as appetizing looking as it tasted.

For Joe, I made it in a single serving dish and used rice cheese. His was yummy also - If I didn't have cheese it would have been ok.

No comments:

Today's Mass Readings