1. One way we can prayerfully live the mystery of the salvation of mankind is by immersing ourselves in the gospels. I suggests reading the Passion of Our Lord during Holy Week in the following manner:
- Wednesday of Holy Week- the Passion according to St. Matthew
- Holy Thursday- the Passion according to St. Mark
- Good Friday- the Passion according to St. John
- Holy Saturday – the Passion according to St. Luke
2. Because it can be very challenging to enter into the spirit of the Triduum with the constant noise of our world around us, you may also voluntarily choose to abstain from media ( TV, radio, internet etc… unless the subject matter is related to the mysteries the Church is celebrating) from Holy Thursday until Easter Vigil, and avoid the distraction of social or entertainment engagements, to create a climate of quiet reflection in which it’s easier to hear God’s voice more clearly.
3. Find out when your Church is holding Holy Week services and attend all that you are able, bringing your children with you.
4. Fasting and abstaining from meat on Good Friday, in remembrance of Christ's suffering.
5. Not quitting your Lenten resolutions until Sunday, even though "technically" Lent ends on Wednesday.
6. Offer prayer for those entering the Church this Easter.
God Bless, ChristyI pray that you have a Holy and Blessed week and that on Easter Sunday you will be filled with the joy and hope of our Risen Lord.