The Reconomy is good economy. Good for the planet, good for the pocket book. Recycle, resell, reuse, rehab. Buying, selling, donating and sharing "gently used" items rather than always going for the brand spankin' new gizmo or gadget.
The Reconomy also promotes simplicity. By getting rid of the stuff you don't want or need anymore through selling, donating or sharing your life becomes simpler.
Not only does each item that is reused, recycled, rehabbed and or resold help both parties it one less thing that needs energy to be produced, it reduces the size of your personal environmental footprint and one less thing landing in the landfill. I love reconomics!
This week I was a reconomist in the following way:
- gave my sister all my leftover diapers for her babies
- bought Christmas flannel sheets from the Salvation Army to make into gift bags
- purchased a red hat lady book from a rummage sale for a 40th BD gift for a friend
- found 3 bags worth of stuff to donate to the Goodwill
- bought Ellie a pair of army pants from a rummage sale
- refilled and refrigerated numerous water bottles from the tap
- took the leftover broth from my mom's beef and noodles home to make soup (there was a half gallon of delicious broth which she was going to pitch.)
How about you?
The reconomy is economically frugal, environmentally friendly and really rather fun!