Virtual Eucharist Adoration

Virtual Eucharist Adoration
We adore You O Christ and we bless You, because by Your holy cross You have redeeemed the world!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ham and Cheese Strata

Original Ham and Cheese Strata
12 slices bread, cubed
2 cups shredded cheese2 cups cubed ham
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 9oz pkg. thawed brocolli
1 2oz jar pimento drained
6 eggs
3 cups milk
tsp salt, dry mustard
Grease 13x9 baking dish. Layer bread, cheese, ham, onion, brocolli and pimento. In bowl combine eggs,milk, salt and mustard. Blend well. Pour mixture over bread mix. Refrigerate at least 6 hours. Heat oven to 325, bake 90 min. (check for doneness) Let stand 10 minutes.

How I made it today
1 loaf g/f rice bread cubed
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 lb sausage cooked and drained
1 orange pepper diced
1/4 cup diced onion
1 2oz jar pimento
6 eggs
3 cups milk
(I forgot the mustard and salt)

Both ways are delicious. This is a fabulously forgiving recipe. Any bread products work, I usually use sausage instead of ham. I rarely use the broccoli because I don't keep it on hand but another vegetable works as well like asparagus or peppers or mushrooms. I only use pimento if I have it, I think it is more for color than taste. Any kind of shredded cheese works also.

No comments:

Today's Mass Readings