Virtual Eucharist Adoration

Virtual Eucharist Adoration
We adore You O Christ and we bless You, because by Your holy cross You have redeeemed the world!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sushi - yummy!


Here is a picture of the rice seasoning and a sushi rolling mat in case you wanted to see them. I got them at Woo's Oriental Store but I bet you can find them at your local Asian store.



I could live on Japanese food - sushi, sashimi, maki rolls,dons - yum yum yum. My kids also love rolls. (all but Josh and Sylvia but they will eat katsu or teriaki chicken so they love going to sushi) What is a cheap meal for 1 or 2 becomes a little salty for 10 so I taught myself to roll California Rolls - that is right I can make maki rolls but can't hem - hmmm - things that make you say hmmm.


Anyhow, I was thinking a little maki sounded good but didn't have all the ingredients for a california roll but had fresh asparagus, cucumbers and leftover sticky rice. The makings for a delicious roll. I can't explain how to roll but go here and they have good directions.


I will however tell you my ingredients.


1 bowl leftover sticky rice - put a little rice vinegar in - you can add a pinch of sugar but I didn't


Big shake of Wasabi fumi furikake rice seasoning stir into warm rice


1 steamed in the microwave asparagus spear


1/8 cucumber sliver with seeds cut out and skin removed if it is waxy


1 sheet of nori (shiny side down)


oh, and don't forget the wasabi and the soy sauce (g/f of course)






I have always made this with a bamboo sushi rolling mat which you can buy in the oriental section of Walmart by the teriaki sauce.




Lay nori down, top with rice mixture, asparagus, cucumber and roll up. Cut with sharp wet knife, serve with wasabi and soy sauce. Yum!



Happy Eating!

God Bless,

Christy







No comments:

Today's Mass Readings