- Reuse plastic baggies.
- Instead of buying video games that your kids will beat in 2 days, borrow from the library.
- When shopping, just say no to one item that is frivolous.
- Drink water with your meals, at home and out - better for your health and save bundles.
- Drive less, take public transportation if possible, bike, walk - better for your health, the environment and your pocket book.
- Buy clippers and cut your husband and boys hair, your daughters' too if you dare.
- Squeeze every fiber out of clothing that is stained and not donate-able. Cut it up, use it for cleaning cloths or for personal care cloths. When it is nothing more than shreds, compost it.
- Unplug things, lots of things, like your microwave when not in use or the lamps in the living room and especially your cell phone charger.
- Keep your lights off in the day time.
- Buy in bulk - less packaging and usually cheaper.
- Bring your own bag to the store. Saves the environment and you get some use out of those bags you have hanging around.
- Pack your lunch. Even you - you know the sahm's - you save a fortune, calories, the environment AND if you bought your food locally you are supporting your local economy.
- Park in the shade. Not only is it more comfortable to get back into it also decreases the amount of fuel you lose to evaporation AND requires less a/c when you get back in - saving you $$.
I have literally hundreds of these tips. Maybe I will organize them into some sort of useful post. Or I won't. We'll see.